15 people treated after carbon monoxide buildup at church

Authorities say 15 people were hospitalized after breathing in carbon monoxide at their church in Iowa, where a gasoline-powered generator was running in the basement to provide heat and lighting.

Medics and police officers sent around 2:45 p.m. Sunday to the Church of God in Marshalltown found several people inside with headaches and breathing difficulties. The first responders helped the churchgoers get treatment at a Marshalltown hospital. Eight of the victims later were taken to hospitals in Iowa City and Des Moines.

Be the first to comment on "15 people treated after carbon monoxide buildup at church"

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: